We are now actively seeking out organisations interested in partnering with whl.travel.
Our website is essentially a network of local partners throughout the world, offering accommodation, tours & activities in their specific destination. Our main focus currently is in the developing world and off-the-beaten track destinations, and special emphasis is placed upon sustainable/responsible tourism product within these destinations. Each of our partners owns and operates their destination websites. We started as a project of the World Bank group and were spun off as a private company in 2006.
Traffic to our network as a whole stands at about 4 million page views per month, and we currently represent about 6,000 hotels and 2,000 tours (and doubling annually). We are targeting the independent traveller market, interested in experiential travel in destinations not currently well-served by most other online accommodation/tour booking services - as much as 80% of our product (accommodation and tours) is not bookable through other online booking sites.
There are a couple of things we look for in partners, namely;
- Shared Values: We are into win-win partnerships and wish to work with organisations sharing a concern to build a sustainable tourism industry. We believe this will protect and enhance our brand over time, as it will our partner's.
- Same Demographics: We are marketing to the independent traveller market, with an emphasis on those travellers interested in getting off the beaten track. These travellers include those interested in eco-tourism, agro tourism, heritage tourism, adventure tourism, geotourism, cultural tourism, volunteer tourism and responsible travel. In short they want to "connect" with the people, culture and land in the country they are travelling to.
How does it work?
- When you link your site to whl.travel, you can earn commission when any users from your site make a booking on one of the whl.travel network of sites. We track all visitors referred by your site, and pay a commission for every confirmed booking.
- One option is a banner/link placed somewhere on your site which then directs traffic of those people looking to book tours and/or accommodation through to our site, with a percentage commission for the affiliate of all confirmed bookings.
- Another option is for sites which feature accommodation, but no booking platform/capabaility - it's possible to link directly to the booking/check-out page on our site.
- We also provide the option for bookings through a frame on your site, if you'd prefer. The option is there to provide all of our global product, or more targeted towards specific destinations. **
- Our target market is those interested in sustainable tourism, experiential tourism and those looking to travel "off-the-beaten-track".
What are the benefits of joining the whl.travel affiliate programme?
- Travel is the largest and fastest growing online retail category - earn commissions by selling travel on your site.
- Unique product - whl.travel is one of the world's fastest growing networks of travel product in developing and off-the-beaten-track destinations, offering a wide range of product not found anywhere else online.
- Generous commission - we offer an impressive commission rate of up to 5% on all bookings, dependent upon volume of bookings.
- Regular payments - we pay on a monthly basis, for a minimum US$50 commission. If you have not reached US$50 within the month we will roll over the commission until you have reached US$50.
- We offer 6 month long cookies - any customers that you refer to us can earn you commission for any booking they make in the following 6 months, regardless of whether they come through your site again.
- No set up fees - it's free to join our affiliate programme.
- Customisation - for certain affiliates, based upon the projected volume of bookings, we are able to provide customisation of the various affiliate options in order to best suit your site.
- Easy, up-to-date reporting to track your bookings and commissions
- all you need to do is log in to our affiliate control panel for real-time reports on your sales and commissions.
- Targeted traffic - offer as much or as little of our product as you wish. **
** Please note: Each of our destination websites is owned and operated by local partners in the destination. They have the option to Opt-Out of any affiliate agreement negotiated if they believe there may be a conflict of interest in their destination.
Further information can be found by taking a look at our Terms & Conditions .
Please contact us at affiliates(at)whl.travel to inquire about developing an affiliate relationship with us.
FEATURED PARTNER OF THE MONTH
Central de Reservas was born in 2005, when Edson Paranhos realized that there weren’t agencies or operators in the city that had an online system for making direct contact with travelers. Edson’s years of experience aligned with the whl.travel system made Pirenópolis one of the most successful website in our network.
WHY BOOK WITH whl.travel
WHY TRAVEL LOCAL?
You deal directly with local people in the destination you are travelling to and unlike other global booking sites, the people you book with will be there when you get there. They not only know the destination intimately, but they have been selected to become part of ...Find out more >
WHO IS whl.travel
whl.travel is a wholly owned business unit of the WHL Group (Worldhotel-link.com Limited ...also known simply as WHL). The WHL Group is a private company incorporated in Hong Kong and is owned and operated by a team from Australia, Brazil, Hong Kong, South Africa, ...Find out more >